Filler injectables can be made of several ingredients: a form of polylactic acid, poly-L-lactic acid (e.g. Sculptra), calcium particles (e.g. Radiesse), and others. However, the most popular dermal fillers are more often than not are based on hyaluronic acid (HA, sodium hyaluronate), and Juvederm is one of these brands.
Such dermal fillers are a perfect alternative to facial plastic surgery. Another good news is that it is possible to buy Juvederm online from Canada at an average cost lower than in the USA. But first, let’s get to know what Juvederm’s popularity is all about.
What Makes Juvederm Dermal Fillers Stand Out?
Juvederm is a brand of HA-based dermal fillers. Their manufacturer is Allergan – a company well-known for its Botox, a botulinum toxin type A injectable. Perhaps, this fact contributes to Juvederm’s popularity, as Allergan’s products have been receiving FDA approval since the previous century. However, their origin is not the only advantage of Juvederm facial fillers.
Allergan has adapted 2 effective technologies that ensure the high quality of its dermal filler injections:
- 3D-Matrix is the technology of making wrinkle fillers that improves their overall stability. With this method, Juvederm Ultra cross-linked HA gels will serve longer than the majority of fillers;
- Vycross is the combination of 2 types of sodium hyaluronate: high molecular weight HA and low molecular weight HA. This technology allows Juvederm to address deep wrinkles, volume loss, and maintain the skin plump for longer than a year.
How Does Hyaluronic Acid Launches Facial Rejuvenation?
Hyaluronic acid fillers are innovative treatments designed to stimulate natural collagen production deep within the skin’s inner layers. These fillers work by essentially reinvigorating the skin cells that, during youth, naturally and sufficiently produced their own collagen. Regrettably, as time progresses and age sets in, these skin cells gradually lose their collagen-producing capability, causing a deficit of this vital protein needed to maintain skin elasticity.
One primary cause of this aging-induced alteration is the decline in sodium hyaluronate, a substance naturally present in the body, which plays an integral role in preserving skin health and vibrancy. Owing to this, an increasing number of individuals are now turning towards injectable hyaluronic acid fillers as a viable solution to compensate for its diminishing presence.
Serving as the primary active ingredient, hyaluronic acid in Juvederm soft tissue fillers “awakens” dormant skin cells that either ceased to produce collagen or are producing it in significantly smaller quantities than previously. Once injected, and given enough time to stimulate collagen synthesis, these fillers can visibly transform the skin. The stark difference between the former state of the dermis and its current rejuvenated, plump appearance post-treatment is truly noteworthy.
Which Juvederm Facial Filler to Choose?
There are a lot of Juvederm dermal filler products to choose from, as there is always the best option for a particular age-related skin concern.
The injections influence positively such visible signs of aging as lost facial volume, severe wrinkles, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, vertical lip lines, and smile lines. Additionally, there are options to address thin lips and enhance their overall appearance as well.
Let’s take a look at what Juvederm injectable dermal fillers can do:
- Juvéderm Voluma XC is designed to enhance cheekbones, chin, and other facial contours, as well as restore volume in other facial areas. This filler maintains visible effects for up to 24 months;
- Juvéderm Ultra XC can be injected into the lips, as well as in other facial areas to fight signs of skin aging. The treatment stays active for up to a year;
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC is an upgraded version of Ultra XC that lasts somewhat longer: the injectable will stay effective for more than a year – up to 18 months. It can be used for improving facial wrinkles and volumizing thinning lips;
- Juvéderm Vollure XC is an injectable made to enhance facial contours, as well as treat deeper wrinkles and superficial fine lines alike. It is claimed to reduce wrinkles for up to 18 months.
The longevity of any dermal filler treatment depends on the right maintenance, so make sure to ask your Juvederm provider about skincare recommendations and other post-treatment measures.
Are There Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Even though wrinkle fillers are a valid alternative to cosmetic surgery and Botox, Juvederm may still cause adverse events in people with contraindications.
Some medical conditions that exclude or question the possibility of injecting Juvederm and other similar wrinkle fillers are:
- High hypersensitivity risk;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Autoimmune disorders;
- Certain dermatological diseases;
- Acute conditions, and others.
Nonetheless, most patients are unlikely to develop severe side effects if they don’t overuse Juvederm and trust experienced plastic surgeons or other qualified injectors to do everything correctly.
In general, injection site reactions, as long as they stay mild to moderate, are considered harmless and don’t require special attention from your medical professional or cosmetic surgeon. However, if such symptoms as mild bruising, swelling, itch, and redness become worse instead of fading away, don’t hesitate to seek advice from a doctor.
Other side effects include:
- Allergic reaction;
- Facial asymmetry;
- Lumps and bumps;
- Discoloration, and others.
Before opting for Juvederm or other injectables, consult a healthcare provider and be sure to give them full access to your medical history.
Local anesthesia may be applied to the injection site area to minimize discomfort of the outpatient procedure, so don’t forget to test for lidocaine allergy too!
While aesthetic surgery is an extremely stressful procedure for patients themselves and their bodies, HA-based facial fillers are an alternative worth considering trying.
Patented technologies like 3D-Matrix and Vycross make Juvederm injectable fillers especially stable and allow them to keep their results for a prolonged time. These advantages are what make Juvederm fillers the most popular injections on the market.
And, since sodium hyaluronate is found naturally within the skin, and Juvederm filler injections are done with a very thin needle, the recovery time after the procedure is minimal, so complicated maintenance measures won’t be needed. Keep in mind, however, that you should still follow a doctor’s advice!