Extended wear disposable lenses provide many advantages. These contacts can be worn for longer periods of time and can be of great use for those who have active routines. However, wearing these extended, monthly contacts also means that one needs to take great care of them.
They need more maintenance for optimum advantage. Unlike daily disposables, these lenses need to be cleaned and stored every time after usage. For more information, please get in touch with contactlenses.co.uk.
How to Use Multipurpose Contact Lens Solution?
There are steps that must be followed when you remove your lenses and clean them with a multipurpose solution. These are as follows:
- Washing– Before you handle any type of contact, you need to make sure that your hands are clean and do not have any dirt or germs on them.
- Drying– Wet hands tend to increase the chances of infections. Make sure you dry your hands after washing them with a lint-free towel.
- Rubbing– After removing the lens from your eye, put it on the palm of your hand. Take enough multipurpose cleaning solution and gently rub the lens against your palm with your pointer finger. Do this for around 30 seconds. Remove any dirt and other impurities on the lens.
- Rinsing– Take more solution on the lens and wash away the excess dirt from it.
- Storing– Place the lens in the lens case and use a new fresh solution. Seal the compartment tightly.
- Repeating– Repeat these steps for all other contact lenses.
- Cleaning the holder– Clean the lens case with saline after use. You may use a toothbrush to clean it and replace the solution entirely every month.
- Replace the solution after every usage.
How to Use Hydrogen Peroxide Solution?
Hydrogen Peroxide is used by people who have sensitivity to any preservatives present in the multipurpose solutions. Here are some steps that need to be followed if this is your case:
- Wash your hands first with an antibacterial soap.
- Dry your hands with a lint-free, clean towel.
- Remove the lens from your eye.
- Use 3 percent Hydrogen Peroxide and pour it into the lens holder till it reaches the fill mark.
- You can also drop a neutralizing tablet in the holder. If the holder has a built-in neutralizer, then you do not need to follow this step.
- Make sure the holder is kept upright. Let the lenses sit well in the solution for at least six hours.
- Rinse the holder with saline. Replace the holder every month. Replace the solution after every use.
Caution: Never let this solution touch your eyes directly, as it can cause immense damage to your cornea.
Insight into the Products: Eye drops, Protein Removers, and much more
Enzymatic cleaners are to remove any protein debris on one’s contact lenses. This is used normally after a week. Make sure to clean and rinse off your contacts before you use the enzymatic cleaner on them.
Daily protein removers are also used to remove protein debris from lenses. These come in liquid form and can be used daily. Clean and rinse your lenses. Fill the lens case with a multipurpose solution, then add a single drop of protein remover.
Eye drops can be used to keep the lenses lubricated. Make sure that you choose drops that are safe for your contacts.
Follow the above guide to clean your contacts effectively. Make sure to follow your eye doctor’s instructions primarily to stay on the right course.